Pixel Motorsport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pixel Motorsport
Welcome to Pixel Motorsport a Forza Motorsport Club.
Code of Conduct
Code Of Conduct
Latest topics
» Forza 7 Rivals
by Si_ Sat Jan 13 2018, 14:43

» One x console
by Si_ Sat Jan 13 2018, 12:49

» Patch Released
by ochilbaz Sat Dec 09 2017, 14:28

» TORA Porsche Cup
by Wicked Singe Sat Dec 02 2017, 05:15

» DEMO FOR PCARS2
by Si_ Sun Nov 26 2017, 17:28

» General who's on tonight thread
by Wicked Singe Sun Nov 12 2017, 09:20

» Fortnite Battle Royale
by Si_ Fri Nov 10 2017, 22:37

» Driver Numbers
by Si_ Fri Nov 10 2017, 18:52

» Test Drive
by Wicked Singe Tue Oct 31 2017, 17:35

Top posting users this month
No user

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 128 on Fri Sep 17 2021, 14:29

TORA Touring Car Championship - Season 8

+3
ochilbaz
Si_
Greenfly750
7 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

TORA Touring Car Championship - Season 8 - Page 12 Empty Re: TORA Touring Car Championship - Season 8

Post  Guest Fri Oct 11 2013, 17:13

Greenfly750 wrote:I'm going to start disliking this Lexus of mine.  Three different builds and I'm still stuck in the 1.02's.  Tuesday is going to be a looooooong night.
Max tires, lightest weight, sport box, 320BHP, runs 1.01.1 with me at the wheel.

Back to top Go down

TORA Touring Car Championship - Season 8 - Page 12 Empty Re: TORA Touring Car Championship - Season 8

Post  Guest Fri Oct 11 2013, 17:17

I know how you feel Dan, still think I can get the scooby into the 1.01's but it's proving difficult, although I've never been that quick around mugello!
if we had the fastest car like a Megane or Seat maybe we would be in the 1.01's

Back to top Go down

Post  ochilbaz Fri Oct 11 2013, 18:37

pikeysmurf wrote:I know how you feel Dan, still think I can get the scooby into the 1.01's but it's proving difficult, although I've never been that quick around mugello!
if we had the fastest car like a Megane or Seat maybe we would be in the 1.01's
blah blah blah yada yada yada yeah yeah yeah. You lot wouldn't get in the 1:01's if you had the space shuttle strapped to your roof Smile 
ochilbaz
ochilbaz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenfly750 Tue Oct 15 2013, 22:49

@Paul. Sorry for leaving so abruptly. My x-box locked up, and by the time I had reset it all and got back on you'd obviously gone. Just wanted to let you know I wasn't being rude. Smile 

In the process of my x-box locking up, it corrupted one of the replays (that I was trying to rename at the time), which just so happened to be the race I won. No  No photos of me crossing the line first then. No 

Thought tonight's racing was okay, but nothing special. Won the first one, although it was kind of boring. 2nd in the second race, again relatively boring. And 9th in the third race. Some good action, but a frustrating finishing position in the end.

Judging by Gaz and Paul's verdicts, seems it was yet another moderately average evenings racing. Hope Si has a better report.
Greenfly750
Greenfly750

Back to top Go down

Post  Si_ Tue Oct 15 2013, 23:03

was ok.
cold front back tyres and slight lift off oversteer througnh T1 in race one meant i got mugged left right and centre and went from 3rd to 8th or lower No 
got stuck behind a rolling road block mazda 3 and that was that.
race 2 was much the same with only bit of interest being cqr chris pulling off a nice move on me, although he wouldn`t have done it hadn`t i left him plenty of room on the outside and not squeeze him on exit.
race 3 as usual was full of bitching and bashing. peoples ego`s pushing through before their car Wink  had someone try go round the outside of me through t4, left them room without running wide and edging them off track. i then had the outside into the next corner and expected the same respect Rolling Eyes 
not much happened until penultimate lap when someone undertook me through the second to last corner with all four wheels on the grass, i had to let off as it would`ve been game over for me.
one or two 3 - 4 lap battles with various people (bg wumba, bg cowboy) which were decent clean respectful racing but really my race pace was half a second off everyone else`s.
Si_
Si_
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Si_ Tue Oct 15 2013, 23:05

funniest moment was in race 1. a bmw 1m that had engine damage to the extent it was smoking was still a struggle to get past and took 3 laps to weigh up a pass down the straight!
Si_
Si_
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CobraGT04 Wed Oct 16 2013, 08:19

Sorry I missed it guys, JT was playing up so had to deal with him instead
CobraGT04
CobraGT04

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenfly750 Wed Oct 16 2013, 08:47

Si_ wrote:
funniest moment was in race 1. a bmw 1m that had engine damage to the extent it was smoking was still a struggle to get past and took 3 laps to weigh up a pass down the straight!
Sounds like you had an entertaining if a little frustrating night. Just run 'em onto the grass next time Si. I'll admit I did it at least twice that I can remember. Have to lay down a marker. Smile 

What happened with regards to Aero having to order everyone to "shut the F@$k up"? Smile 
Greenfly750
Greenfly750

Back to top Go down

Post  Si_ Wed Oct 16 2013, 11:44

Greenfly750 wrote:

What happened with regards to Aero having to order everyone to "shut the F@$k up"? Smile 
pass scratch 

may have been another cqr ego thing as cqr chris and bg wumba had a bit of a spat in race3 (don`t think the bg & cqr teams get on well at best of times). generally it was all fairly pleasant for a tora race.
Si_
Si_
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wicked Singe Wed Oct 16 2013, 16:58

My TORA experience just keeps following the same trajectory 1 good race 1 meh race and 1 completely shitty race spoiled by lag/eeejits or a mixture of them both. Even in the final race where I started 4th by the first corner I was 11th after being passed by the rwd and a few forceful fwd ahhh well least we only have 2 rounds left to go Very Happy 
Wicked Singe
Wicked Singe
Admin

https://pnuk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenfly750 Thu Oct 17 2013, 18:50

The tables over at TORA have miraculously appeared again...

Championship Standings after Mugello (including dropped scores)

34th. Simon 0ne (only one place behind Chris), 1057pts.
39th. Wicked Singe, 1037pts
49th. Greenfly750, 942pts.
59th, pikeysmurf, 841pts.
87th. LucyLou217, 571pts.
88th. CobraGT04, 570pts.
92nd. ID 9858, 556pts.
124th. Magico UK, 241pts.
129th. ochilbaz, 224pts.

Last edited by Greenfly750 on Thu Oct 17 2013, 18:52; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot Alex and Baz.)
Greenfly750
Greenfly750

Back to top Go down

Post  LucyLou217 Thu Oct 17 2013, 18:55

Quite pleased with 87th considering I've only done 2 rounds Smile Brill going by Si n Gaz Smile
LucyLou217
LucyLou217
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenfly750 Thu Oct 17 2013, 21:19

@Lucy. I have gifted you over a build/tune. I ran a 1.37.9 with it, but more consistently mid 38's. I know you don't like understeer, so perhaps soften the front ARB by 10% or increase the percentage on the accel. diff. .... or both.
I did gift you a tune a few days ago. That one was from Chris for Mugello, so it's up to you whether you try it or leave it.

@Si. I've gifted you over the PLOW tubbi tune I used at Mugello. It'll say created by Greenfly though because I had to decrease the PI, but other than that it's unchanged. I ran a clean 1.01.8 with it, and a 1.01.5 with draft.

With regards to lap times at Sunset... I don't know where I'm going to find 1.5 seconds... maybe 0.5 of a second.
Greenfly750
Greenfly750

Back to top Go down

Post  LucyLou217 Thu Oct 17 2013, 21:23

Thanks Daniel...i'll def give it a go Smile I managed to get to a mid 38 earlier with my tune Smile Still keep rolling though Rolling Eyes
LucyLou217
LucyLou217
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 18 2013, 11:47

Managed a 38.2 with little practice, I don't really know this track(learning it every lap I do) but I do seem to be spending a lot of time on two wheels or on my roof!!!, maybe if I spent more time on four wheels it would be faster, that's a difficult infield section to master, but a nice track. Topping out at 151(with little aero) before the brakes, don't know how Dan is getting 154!!!!
@Dan no worries about your xbox freezing, least it didn't happen in a race.

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenfly750 Fri Oct 18 2013, 16:14

pikeysmurf wrote:Managed a 38.2 with little practice, I don't really know this track(learning it every lap I do)  but I do seem to be spending a lot of time on two wheels or on my roof!!!,  maybe if I spent more time on four wheels it would be faster, that's a difficult infield section to master, but a nice track. Topping out at 151(with little aero) before the brakes, don't know how Dan is getting 154!!!!
@Dan no worries about your xbox freezing, least it didn't happen in a race.
POWERRRRR!!!!

lol. I don't know either Paul. Think it's just the Lexi's straight six juggernaut of an engine. It's got around 340bhp and weighs about 2,67? and theres still plenty of aero to loose but then it would be horrendous on the infield section, and it's already a handful. I have another build with 330bhp and it still hits 151mph.

It seems I'm still learning the circuit too. I watched Chris' (LMR Warpsite) leaderboard time. (All be it a 400bhp A600 car) It's interesting to see the line he takes through the banking and the next left and right. Think it's going to be a compromise between corner entry speed and exit speed onto the back straight.
Greenfly750
Greenfly750

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 18 2013, 17:19

The scooby is around 343 at 2836, but with the fattest tyres, it's got a nice balance, but the time is defo gained on that left and right into the back straight, but also it's gotta be on the fast right, left, right(staying away from the kerbs!!) but my back end is always stepping out. I'll be happy with a mid 37, can't see how their doing 34's 35's that's incredible!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 19 2013, 19:43

Can someone please explain the drop round? What's the point of turning up and racing if their gonna take away the score. I can't imagine Plato or Matt Neal turning up and racing and TOCA taking away the points!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 19 2013, 20:37

pikeysmurf wrote:Can someone please explain the drop round? What's the point of turning up and racing if their gonna take away the score. I can't imagine Plato or Matt Neal turning up and racing and TOCA taking away the points!!!
The dropped round is for the Drivers Championship, the Team Championship points remain the same as only the largest 2 scores per team are counted, however all 3 drivers score points regardless.

This is for many reasons, the largest is because of real life duties, not everyone can commit to every round, so the common possibility someone needs to drop out or miss for such reasons as family, work, special occasion or emergency allows some to relax.

Another top reason is connection or console issues, granted the minimum expected to play any online multiplayer game is a good, solid connection from start to finish, but random lag spikes and lobby dropping can be for any reason, whether individual, host or even just the servers themselves having issues.

I agree with the drop-round rule, i'd be royaly (excuse my french) P*ssed off if me getting wrecked via a lag spike, or work duties put an end to my entire series, whether at the beginning or the end, the rule is there to make everyone happy, it is not as if you lose out on anything.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 20 2013, 00:35

LMR WARSPITE wrote:
pikeysmurf wrote:Can someone please explain the drop round? What's the point of turning up and racing if their gonna take away the score. I can't imagine Plato or Matt Neal turning up and racing and TOCA taking away the points!!!
The dropped round is for the Drivers Championship, the Team Championship points remain the same as only the largest 2 scores per team are counted, however all 3 drivers score points regardless.

This is for many reasons, the largest is because of real life duties, not everyone can commit to every round, so the common possibility someone needs to drop out or miss for such reasons as family, work, special occasion or emergency allows some to relax.

Another top reason is connection or console issues, granted the minimum expected to play any online multiplayer game is a good, solid connection from start to finish, but random lag spikes and lobby dropping can be for any reason, whether individual, host or even just the servers themselves having issues.

I agree with the drop-round rule, i'd be royaly (excuse my french) P*ssed off if me getting wrecked via a lag spike, or work duties put an end to my entire series, whether at the beginning or the end, the rule is there to make everyone happy, it is not as if you lose out on anything.
Apart from the round I took part in!
I know a lot of championship in real life have drop rounds, it happens a lot in rallying, but that is more do with cost, than competitors having other commitments, I've got no problem with it just didn't understand it
Thanks Chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 20 2013, 16:26

But then it still works to you're advantage mate, if you had an issue in one round i.e a crash, lag out ect, but are racing every week, that round will be removed from the total standings for you.

You're lowest scoring round is dropped and the total points added up after the final round, most people just choose to miss one round if they have priorities elsewhere, or if they are not fond of the track, or are even just strapped for time and wouldn't want to risk the pressure of lack of practice ect, however just as many if not more show up every-round just the same, like for me its just to do it, I love BTCC spec cars.

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenfly750 Sun Oct 20 2013, 16:42

Basically everyone drops their lowest score. If your lowest score is a 0 (zero) then you loose less then if your lowest score is 90 points, for example. So in effect, the more consistent you are, the more you loose; which is why it can be good to have a terrible qualifying the one time, or simply miss a round altogether. (as I did at Tsukuba, so I drop 0 points)
It's a good idea, it works well and it's the same for everyone. Smile 
Greenfly750
Greenfly750

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 26 2013, 23:41

1.37.8 yeah baby! Pleased with that, and it wasn't the cleanest lap, thanks to Chris for gifting the build and tune, But I just couldn't drive it, lap times were in the mid 38's high 38's even after 10 laps.
So what I did, was take the gearbox settings and stuck em on a build I had, lengthened the final drive a bit and now the scooby flies. thanks again Chris
Don't worry Dan your 37.8 is quicker...

Back to top Go down

Post  CobraGT04 Sun Oct 27 2013, 08:12

pikeysmurf wrote:1.37.8 yeah baby! Pleased with that, and it wasn't the cleanest lap, thanks to Chris for gifting the build and tune, But I just couldn't drive it, lap times were in the mid 38's high 38's even after 10 laps.
So what I did,  was take the gearbox settings and stuck em on a build I had,  lengthened the final drive a bit and now the scooby flies. thanks again Chris
Don't worry Dan your 37.8 is quicker...
Gift it over then Paul ;-)
CobraGT04
CobraGT04

Back to top Go down

Post  Wicked Singe Sun Oct 27 2013, 08:52

Wicked Singe
Wicked Singe
Admin

https://pnuk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next