Pixel Motorsport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pixel Motorsport
Welcome to Pixel Motorsport a Forza Motorsport Club.
Code of Conduct
Code Of Conduct
Latest topics
» Forza 7 Rivals
by Si_ Sat Jan 13 2018, 14:43

» One x console
by Si_ Sat Jan 13 2018, 12:49

» Patch Released
by ochilbaz Sat Dec 09 2017, 14:28

» TORA Porsche Cup
by Wicked Singe Sat Dec 02 2017, 05:15

» DEMO FOR PCARS2
by Si_ Sun Nov 26 2017, 17:28

» General who's on tonight thread
by Wicked Singe Sun Nov 12 2017, 09:20

» Fortnite Battle Royale
by Si_ Fri Nov 10 2017, 22:37

» Driver Numbers
by Si_ Fri Nov 10 2017, 18:52

» Test Drive
by Wicked Singe Tue Oct 31 2017, 17:35

Top posting users this month
No user

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 128 on Fri Sep 17 2021, 14:29

help required and appreciated

4 posters

Go down

help required and appreciated Empty help required and appreciated

Post  ochilbaz Sat Jan 19 2013, 12:00

i think i`m going to try to bridge the gap to other club members by removing traction control from my race chariots. can you please tell me what my differential settings should be. what i mean is, should my accel and decel diff settings be high or low to eliminate wheel spin? also how much difference should there be between the 2 (i.e. say accel was 45% should decel be 45% or 35% or 25% or 55% or 85%) at the moment i also use abs if i try to drive without it will my lap times get quicker? ( sorry for the lack of punctuation but i couldn`t be arsed hitting the caps lock button at the beginning of a sentance although it seems i could be bothered to explain this in this sentance in which case i would have been quicker just using caps lock in the first place ). looking forward to hearing your responses to my tuning query

many thanks
baz
ochilbaz
ochilbaz
Admin

Back to top Go down

help required and appreciated Empty Re: help required and appreciated

Post  Guest Sat Jan 19 2013, 12:06

Good to hear Baz.

Best advice I can give you is some cars can help you practice TCS off, mid engined models are great as the weight is balanced and set to keep the wheel's planted, as for Diff settings, most my tunes are set to around 20-40% accel and 15-30% deccel, however this doesn't exactly stop wheel-spin, just locks the diff when slowing down or accelerating, my advice is to practice with less Torque given cars, avoid planting the throttle in first to second and build up the speed by slowly pulling down the trigger on corner exit.

Hope this helps mate, anything else I can always answer in voice chat.

Back to top Go down

Post  ochilbaz Sat Jan 19 2013, 12:13

thanks chris. will give it a bash later on. by the way thats the best answer so far Very Happy
ochilbaz
ochilbaz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenfly750 Sat Jan 19 2013, 12:17

In terms of both TCS and ABS from my point of view, it's just practice. Turning traction control off is usually a fairly quick transition and as Chris said, as long as you don't floor it all the time, your times will improve fairly quickly. Personally I found adapting to no ABS took a little longer, and I was actually slower for a few days until I got used to it. So stick to it, even if initially you feel slower.
Tuning wise. Listening to Chris is your best bet.
Greenfly750
Greenfly750

Back to top Go down

Post  ochilbaz Sat Jan 19 2013, 12:31

Tuning wise. Listening to Chris is your best bet. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy you sure dan?
ochilbaz
ochilbaz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenfly750 Sat Jan 19 2013, 12:42

Well, I'm not such a fan of his brake setups. I just can't get used to them, but suspension wise, definitely.
Greenfly750
Greenfly750

Back to top Go down

Post  Wicked Singe Sat Jan 19 2013, 12:51

Baz is growing up, I'm so proud of you Very Happy
Wicked Singe
Wicked Singe
Admin

https://pnuk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Wicked Singe Sat Jan 19 2013, 12:54

And working your way up the classes will help, try a few stock d c RWD and work your way up from there.
Wicked Singe
Wicked Singe
Admin

https://pnuk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  ochilbaz Sat Jan 19 2013, 12:58

In my original post it's Accel and decel settings I'm wanting to know. Growing up indeed I'm on big boy pants now and the potty is being put away Very Happy
ochilbaz
ochilbaz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Si_ Sat Jan 19 2013, 14:12

accel settings like chris mentioned have good ball park figures of 15-35 for A class and above, i`ve used as little as 9 on some S class low aero loose cars and as high as 55 aclass or below, even on some high end b class cars. 30 could be a good starting point and increase/decrease by increments of 5 either way then fine tune when closer to desired amount.
never actually done this myself but think top gear track would be a good test for accel setting up. drive round in a circle and use extreme settings on the diff to see how it makes the car react. from there work your way through the diff setting whilst driving in the circle to see what difference each increment makes to the point of what you think feels good then maybe drive the track and tweek it whilst actually hot lapping to experience it in a more natural environment. sorry if that seems bit obvious but something i think i should have done when started to tune.

decel settings personaly i think are alot easier to tune and don`t make as much difference as accel tuning. if you remember your vts and the horrendous lift off over steer it had that will be the feeling you`ll get in game from a poor decel setting. not as easy in ball park figures as accel as i feel weight of the car can determin quite abit the setting. some light cars i can go below 10 and still get good off throttle turn yet heavier cars can go into the 30s.

this all relates mainly to rwd aswell baz as fwd is totally different again and awd only slightly.
i`m guessing with tcs your accel setting are above 50 at the moment.

hope that helps abit. just about to knock off so once recover the abandoned car hopefully should be on so might be able to explain in bit more detail (not that i profess my word to be gospel Laughing )

p.s - plus sometimes more mechanical grip isn`t faster, there`s plenty of other factors and it`s so time consuming for a "novice" tuner to find the sweet spot sometimes i don`t think time and effort are worth those tenth of a second.

Last edited by Si_ on Sat Jan 19 2013, 16:43; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mist the vital vts lift off over steer out)
Si_
Si_
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ochilbaz Sat Jan 19 2013, 14:21

Thanks si Shocked
ochilbaz
ochilbaz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 19 2013, 14:36

ochilbaz wrote:Tuning wise. Listening to Chris is your best bet. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy you sure dan?

What do you mean by that? Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum