Pixel Motorsport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pixel Motorsport
Welcome to Pixel Motorsport a Forza Motorsport Club.
Code of Conduct
Code Of Conduct
Latest topics
» Forza 7 Rivals
by Si_ Sat Jan 13 2018, 14:43

» One x console
by Si_ Sat Jan 13 2018, 12:49

» Patch Released
by ochilbaz Sat Dec 09 2017, 14:28

» TORA Porsche Cup
by Wicked Singe Sat Dec 02 2017, 05:15

» DEMO FOR PCARS2
by Si_ Sun Nov 26 2017, 17:28

» General who's on tonight thread
by Wicked Singe Sun Nov 12 2017, 09:20

» Fortnite Battle Royale
by Si_ Fri Nov 10 2017, 22:37

» Driver Numbers
by Si_ Fri Nov 10 2017, 18:52

» Test Drive
by Wicked Singe Tue Oct 31 2017, 17:35

Top posting users this month
No user

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 128 on Fri Sep 17 2021, 14:29

Thoughts after 20 laps or so

3 posters

Go down

Thoughts after 20 laps or so Empty Thoughts after 20 laps or so

Post  Si_ Sun Oct 22 2017, 18:01

Same ol Shite Laughing

feels exactly same physics as pc1.

go over a curb in the mclaren at imola it presumably bottoms out and fires you off, if you do get into a slide same as pc1 you still can`t turn into it/save it/have any influence over it once the physics take over the car. proven in the formula rookie, open wheel car so when i tried to catch a slide by steering into it via the pad the wheels on the car didn`t turn, stayed dead straight Suspect

fast corners with a bit of lateral g are still shockingly bad, the mclaren drives like a boat and when trying to use steering inputs to equalise the body roll it does nothing then the physics kick in, recognise a steering input and turn the car making it dart off without any warning. sometimes feels as if there`s input lag which has got to be impossible, still no feel to the car, just numb and unrealistic.

tried 2 laps of qually at knockhill in the formula rookie, 2nd lap actually managed to get the steering to do what i was inputting via the pad (to some extent), only for some fucktard ai to block me who`s driving slower than my pace on the racing line Mad

gave up.

will be persisting to try make the game playable on pad but so far feels just as bad as pc1
Si_
Si_
Admin

Back to top Go down

Thoughts after 20 laps or so Empty Re: Thoughts after 20 laps or so

Post  Si_ Thu Oct 26 2017, 21:24

oooookay, glutton for punishment i went all in tonight to try make the game playable on pad, well.......

Evil or Very Mad Sad Mad Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad Shocked Suspect No scratch

thought i`d try the current community event (rival), turdburglar ring in a the sva evo. on stock pad settings undrivable, watched a video to try tweak the pad settings and i must admit it did make a slight difference but still didn`t improve the physics/input lag so still pretty undrivable. spent 1hr30mins or so looking at the stock tune, even got some old notes/books on aerodynamics and all things tuning only to find after all the time spent at best it made mid corner wash out slightly better, still not exactly drivable to the extent of being able to attack at full chat.

after the game crashed/froze twice whilst trying to lap and three times put me in the wrong car to what i chose i gave up.

so far cars undrivable on pad:-
evo 6 sva
mclaren 12c gt3
formula rookie

hopefully have time over long weekend off to put some more time in but not looking good

Last edited by Si_ on Thu Oct 26 2017, 21:29; edited 1 time in total
Si_
Si_
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Si_ Thu Oct 26 2017, 21:28

the thing that`s really really bugging me with cars is that folk say it`s the closest thing to sim racing on console, yet i`m sat here experiencing the most unrealistic physics and unbelievable baffling handling that just doesn`t make sense, what am i missing/not getting?!?!?!?
frustrating to say the least
Si_
Si_
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Si_ Fri Oct 27 2017, 16:30

sooooo, latest update.......

MAN THIS GAME IS UTTER DOG SHITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thought i`d try and stack the deck in my favour, megane touring car at cadwell park. now i`ve done many many laps at cadwell in different types of vehicles, got my training and race licence there so thought i knew the track extremely well. not the track sms have conjured up, wtf is this alien place they are passing off as cadwell park Suspect one thing i always specifically remember from my tutored training there was that hall bends can be straight lined, not according to sms as they`re like a friggin full on slalom with elevation/undulation and cambers unknown to real world physics. gooseneck which is a joy to master in real life is impossible to get through with the front end pointing the correct way as for some reason there`s a bump just before you drop down towards mansfield which unsettles/spins the car out no matter what.

after 3 laps of spinning 4 or 5 times a lap i managed to get it down to 2 spins a lap after 4 laps so thought fuck it yet another undrivable car.

next process of thought was try the road going spec megane, bit easier than the touring version but still twitches uncontrollably when coming out of a corner and trying to stop the physics turning the car through the corner on corner exit. it`s nigh on impossible to get cars to go straight when exiting a corner due to the physics engine, really fucking weird it is scratch even though i`ve let go of the controller stick the car keeps turning, steer in the opposite direction to straighten the car and it tank slaps out of control, FFS Mad

also i don`t understand why every car i`ve driven so far understeers, and i don`t just mean a hint of understeer but jesus christ why has the car turned in but decided to massively plough on at a speed it should easily be able to take the corner understeer Rolling Eyes even with full on race spec front diffuser, canards and slicks the cars understeer unrealistically.

the megane 265 will not brake without it`s arse end trying to beat the front bumper to the corner or brake in a straight line, again just really strange.

i think the thing that summed this game up so far whilst trying cadwell was that you get a rolling start coming out of hall bends into the hairpin before barn, very well as it`s just before the home straight so yes i get the thinking behind this as it gives you chance at a flying lap. why though, just feckin why though does it only give you control just as the car is in the initial stage of turn in so the first thing you have to do is slam the brakes on otherwise you have control of a car that`s heading straight towards the outer crash barrier affraid lol!

going to persist but damn it`s no fun at all
Si_
Si_
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Si_ Fri Oct 27 2017, 17:05

bmw 1m coupe @ hockenheim, 16 car grid 10mins qually and 10 lap race

leave pit garage, drive along pit lane, car 5 garages down leaves garage and cuts right across my front.....restart session. leave pit garage 10seconds later than before, drive along pit lane, car 5 garages down leaves garage and cuts right across my front.....restart session. 3rd time lucky, leave pit garage immediately, drive along pit lane, car 5 garages down leaves garage, well you know the story by now, ihgcufouGdhpqwidvasiuvc uyasovcUAc WTF sms you trolling fucking retarded bastards Laughing

anyhoo, thought fuck it, let the trolling dick 5 garages down piss off whilst i do a burn out to try warm rear tyres as the tyre physics take sooooo many laps to warm tyres up and the cars are even more undrivable when cold (be easier driving on ice). whilst doing this 2 cars plough into the back of me, great. restart session.
finally managed to get out on track, span out at the first hairpin as you can`t slide/drift due to physics not letting you turn into a slide that`s not even a slide as at the speed and power even a fiat biz wouldn`t enter a sliding motion but anyway. through the fast left corner 2 and into the inevitable tank slapper trying to get the car out of the physics engine of infinite turn mode and somehow make it to the next hairpin. easy onto the brakes about ready to build up the pressure but nope, starts veering to the right under braking....sod it i`ve had enough before controller goes through the tv, rage quit (in a driving game Laughing )

i`m tapping out
Si_
Si_
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wicked Singe Fri Oct 27 2017, 17:34

I did nearly succumb earlier but read the Amazon reviews and was able to talk myself out of it fairly quickly.

I beginning to think all driving game developers are dense, they just don't seem to be able to learn from their mistakes, and the stuff they do well they think we'll that's good let's f it up.
Wicked Singe
Wicked Singe
Admin

https://pnuk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Si_ Fri Oct 27 2017, 19:59

not sure how people are saying that the graphics are great, they`re terrible and that`s been polite but it`s something that honestly doesn`t bother me. it`s like an indie game masquerading as a triple AAA title, the way the whole game from menus to racing just feels so amateurish. if anything i`d say it`s worse than pc1. the frame rate is the worst i`ve ever experienced in any game and drops big time in three places at hockenheim, really bad.

tried the a45 amg road version at hockenheim, for the first time i actually managed to hot lap to some extent although the cars setup is still just not right. i can kind of understand why the cars spin out sometimes as you do have to replicate left foot braking and can`t take liberties trail braking but the physics engine is just unrealistic in that consequences of not doing or doing the aforementioned are ramped up to ridiculous levels. the biggest game breaker is the physics engine not registering counter steering, absolutely unplayable across the board until this is patched!
Si_
Si_
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ochilbaz Sat Oct 28 2017, 08:05

Sorry to hear you are struggling Si. Hang in there as Ian Bellend has said there is another patch in the works and there are currently 129 and rising items on it which is scandalous really. I'm glad I bought a good gaming PC as it plays very good on it.

There are many topics and solutions and set ups on the project cars forum for controllers.

The games metacritic score is high at 86% and is higher than all other racing games

In the meantime you can fill yer time by walking the whippet, flying your kestrel and wearing ballet shoes ya puff
ochilbaz
ochilbaz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down